Saturday, January 25, 2014

Kitchen Cabinet Upcycle

Last week I took on the project of refinishing our kitchen cabinets.  Lowes usually would be my first stop for home improvement projects but I have not been impressed as usual with their selection of color.  I started with looking for my perfect greige color in the living room through Pinterest and Houzz.  These sites are most helpful when you want to see a color on the wall and the finished effect.  After viewing the results of White Dove by Benjamin Moore I knew this was the color I wanted on my kitchen cabinets to brighten up the place.
My girlfriend recently renovated her kitchen and refinished the cabinets with Webster's Chalk Powder.  Pretty much you can mix this powder with any flat, eggshell, satin paint of your choice and have the finished effect of sanded cabinets. Clear wax to seal the painted piece and voila!
Such a difference, right?





No comments:

Post a Comment