Friday, June 22, 2012

Distressed Buffet from the 1930's

The BIG Reveal!!

Boy, am I proud of myself.

  Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is the bomb.com. Once I started working with the color Duck Egg it began to look too icy over the dark mahogany.  I then purchased a green tint to mix with the paint by Proceed, called Phthalo Green.  I used one in a half teaspoons to create this color. Distressing came with sand paper BEFORE waxing then a couple clear coats of  "wax on, wax off".  The clear wax darkens ever so slightly taking away the white base of the paint. A much needed pop of color for the kitchen.


Next project: Kitchen Cabinets :)


10 comments:

  1. Wow... I LOVE this! Absolutely my style. It is so unique you are not going to find ANYONE with the same kitchen! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is AMAZING!!! Well well done!
    I absolutely love the way that this has turned out, you are so clever and I can imagine it wasn't easy...
    Can't wait to see how the cabinets turn out!
    Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dalayna! It is now one of my favorite pieces in the house. I smile each time I look at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lulu, Yes!! It was time consuming- I kept finding myself asking, "Am I done yet?" It was well worth it now that I have the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you di an amazing job! That's great! Following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice job. love the colour. great idea to remove doors. gives a nice alternative look to the top

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice job. love the colour. great idea to remove doors. gives a nice alternative look to the top

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you David! Leaving the cabinets off created a more open feel :) I will more than likely find a place to hang them on the wall and carry the color through the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I am proud of you too! The buffet is amazing and I love the open look to show off all your glassware and plates. Newly following and glad to have found your stylish spot on the web! Enjoy your day:)

    ReplyDelete